Work with a professional
A knowledgeable accessibility consultant can help you find the right solution for your needs.
Ideally, it is a good idea to visit in person – our experienced automotive consultants and technicians will be happy to meet you for a complimentary consultation either at one of our showrooms, or at your home.
We have some of the most experienced accessible vehicle consultants in the industry; they are second to none and will help you:
- Check the fit – some wheelchairs are quite large and require more room to maneuver.
- Assess your needs – both for today and the future – to ensure you get the most out of your accessible vehicle for years to come.
- Ensure suitability – not all vehicles can be converted and even products as simple as swivel seats and wheelchair lifts are designed for specific vehicles, or work better in some applications than others.
- Manage entry system constraints – both rear and side entry systems have ramps that take up space. We will help you find the solution that is best for your lifestyle, including helping you determine if power features are a good option for you.
- Maximize funding opportunities for your wheelchair vehicle.
- Find financing – we have partners that can offer a variety of financing and insurance options to make your accessible vehicle affordable.
- Solve your other mobility needs – colleagues at our sister company, Silver Cross, specialize in all mobility products including stair lifts, platform lifts, home elevators, and aid to daily living such as bathroom safety, scooters, wheelchairs, walkers and rollators, as well as adjustable beds.
Take your time
Every wheelchair user and caregiver has a unique set of challenges, but they all want a wheelchair-accessible vehicle that is easy-to-use, dependable and supported by caring individuals in their local area.
Take your time to find the right solution for you, but don’t hesitate to make the move to a wheelchair van and improve your quality of life. Experience life with no limits and you will never look back!
Look for quality, selection and financial stability
Silver Cross Automotive is proud to hold Quality Assurance Program (QAP) accreditation – the only nationally recognized accreditation program for the adaptive mobility equipment industry.
We are also a member of other industry associations including:
- Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED)
- National Mobility Equipment Dealer’s Association (NMEDA)
- Used Car Dealer Association
We know that every person has unique requirements when it comes to their wheelchair van. This is why we offer a full selection of conversion brands, including Savaria and VMI, to ensure you get the very best product to meet your needs. No other company in Canada can offer you this selection.
And because Silver Cross Automotive is backed by Savaria – Canada’s largest wheelchair van conversion company, and rated as one of Canada’s top companies by Canadian Business – you know that we stand behind our product, and you can count on us to be here to serve you for many years to come.
Questions & answers
The driving technology available to physically challenged individuals is extremely advanced, and allows a wide range of individuals the opportunity to get behind the wheel. To find out if you are a good candidate for driving a modified vehicle, you must first be assessed by a qualified Occupational Therapist or a Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialist. These professionals are trained to determine your physical abilities, and if possible prescribe adaptive driving equipment based on their findings. Your Silver Cross Automotive consultant can put you in touch with a qualified prescriber.
We recommend that you purchase your vehicle from a licensed dealer that can find the right vehicle for your needs. Silver Cross Automotive is the largest single retailer of accessible vans in Canada, with more available inventory that anyone. Our high sales volume allows us to offer you access to a large inventory of newly converted vehicles – we may have one in-stock that meets your needs. We also represent Savaria, Canada’s largest wheelchair van conversion company; proudly manufactured here in Canada at plants in Ontario and Quebec, a custom-ordered Savaria van conversion could be in your driveway in as little as 2 weeks!
Yes! We often have pre-owned vehicle conversions in stock; contact us to find out if we have a used vehicle that will meet your needs! If you are looking to purchase a used minivan that you plan on converting, call us first! Used minivans can often be easily converted, and we are happy to arrange this for you, but you should get professional advice to ensure that the vehicle you choose is suitable for conversion and will be a good investment.
The completion time to modify a vehicle depends on many factors. These include the type of vehicle you choose; the vehicle delivery time to the modifier; the type of modifications required; and, the complexity of the driving controls (if any). At Silver Cross Automotive, we can get you into your wheels faster than anyone in Canada! If we have a vehicle that meets your needs in our extensive inventory, you may be able to drive home in it today! Alternatively, you could take delivery of a factory-ordered rear entry accessible minivan in as little as 2 weeks, or a side entry vehicle in 6 to 8 weeks.
The warranty and service of your new vehicle is not affected by purchasing your vehicle from Silver Cross Automotive. You may take the vehicle to the dealership of your choice for service to the vehicle portion of your conversion.
Yes, wheelchair restraint and/or securement systems are essential to provide safe transportation. It is very important that you know how to properly use these systems in your vehicle. Your safety is of the upmost importance to your Silver Cross Automotive consultant, and they will advise you as to the appropriate products for your vehicle and needs.
They can also point you to additional resources such as this Q’Straint video to help make sure you are using them properly.